- 17 Jun
Importance of Facebook Apps for customer engagement
According to a survey conducted by The Creative Group, more than 50% of advertising and marketing executives said they expect companies to increase their investment in Facebook this year.
Customer engagement centres on building upon the relations between a business and their existing consumer market along with establishing new, high-value customer relationships. Developing a loyal consumer fan base is also an important factor in terms of building a quality reputation and attaining further customers essentially through positive ‘word of mouth’.
Evidently the level of customer engagement varies depending on the consumer. There isn’t a ‘one size fits all’ type of approach when it comes to customer engagement – such interaction has to be catered more specifically to your audience’s behaviour. This ranges from
• Interacting with customers through the website or blogging page
• Personally contacting users on their consumption experience
• Communicating with a customer that has started a discussion on your social media webpage
Communication and engagement demonstrates that a business isn’t just a distant, foreign corporation that simply manufactures/delivers/sells whatever the product or service is – friendly engagement shows that there are people behind the scene that genuinely want to achieve customer satisfaction and meet the needs of the consumer. Evidently, this is a contributing factor towards customer loyalty and a high quality reputation.
Importance of Facebook and Social Media for Customer Engagement
Social media web pages are a good channel through which to communicate to current and potential customers. Sites such as Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, etc, all provide a medium through which consumers and businesses can communicate and engage with one another, with ease. Social media sites are great for businesses, as the majority of those that see the content posted are typically following the page already, and have therefore opted in to view the information and activity a company shares from their site. In addition, through these social media pages, businesses can incite engagement by encouraging feedback, shares, retweets and comments through the content they publish.
Business Benefits of Using Facebook Applications
1. Branding – Facebook can be a great resource for generating brand awareness. Facebook is becoming popular amongst various age demographics and can be a create interception point for building your relationship with you consumers and prospects.
2. Customer Engagement – Using Facebook applications can be a great way for communicating promotions, contest and events. Again it is another interception point that can be leveraged to entice consumer engagement with your brand, your products or your service.
3. Drive Web Traffic – Facebook can act as a portal point for driving traffic to your site and other online properties.
4. Reputation Management – This can be used to see what users are saying about you and your brand. In addition your Facebook profile can now be indexed in the search results and as a result can provide another favourable listing in the organic search results of the engines.
5. New Customer Acquisition – Facebook provides an opportunity to find consumers you may have not otherwise discovered.
6. Lead Generation – Another potential lead generation tool that can be used to qualify leads. Reviewing potential prospects’ profiles may help you build a relationship with your prospects and aid in the lead generation qualifying process.
7. Client Retention – provides another potential interception point to build the relationship with your consumer.
8. Access to the social world and its inherent value – aka the cool factor. A potential prospect could be doing research on your brand or organization and may use Facebook to see if you have a presence there. This in turn can shape their sphere of influence and could end up being one of many deciding factors as to why the prospect selects you over another vendor.
9. The Viral Effect – Take word of mouth publicity to a whole new level. Nothing attracts a crowd like a crowd. Facebook is attracting quite a crowd.
10. Feedback Mechanism – Using Facebook and the various applications available can help you understand consumer behaviour based on the sharing of content and commentary on the social networking site.
11. Build Business Use Cases – Facebook apps can provide you with an opportunity to build successful business cases as you target specific vertical markets with specific business objectives.